 Star Wars / 1068
Re: Happiness with Star Wars models ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:50:52 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lee Jorgensen writes:
After finally finding all of the sets, I'm VERY happy that they don't
include
a single sticker.  That is very refreshing to see.

The only model I don't like, is Darth Vaders' Tie fighter.  The panels
are
held on by a Technic solution, and happens to be loose.  Which makes
everything wobbly, but that aside ...

Kudos to TLG for coming up with some very good models of Star
Wars' ships.

And kudos for not just great models, but for designing models with some meat
in them!(1)  I took my set of 5 apart on the weekend, to sort out into my
parts drawers, and sat looking happily at the several huge piles of useful
parts sitting there - the single largest pile was plates, followed by bricks
and slopes - when is the last time you could say that about a TLG theme?

Definately going to get more of these when they show up again - the
Snowspeeder and the Tie/Y-wing are especially good for parts!

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/