 Star Wars / 10356
Re: Force Pike?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:38:21 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Adam Murtha writes:
Hi, today I finally found the Imperial Shuttle, and I think it is pretty
sweet, although a bit small, and the Royal Guards are really cool.  I'm just
curious as to what a Force Pike is, and what it does?  Does anyone know?
I'm going to assume it has something to do with the force...

-Adam

No, really it's more like a glorified cattle prod.  Jabba's men run around
with varieties of them in ROTJ.  Think of it as a deadly stun rod and
martial arts weapon in one.  Mastery of the Force is not required.
Aaron

Well actually a force-pike is a spear version of the vibro-axe that jabba's
"warthog looking" Gamorean gaurds carry.  The tip or blade depening on which
your using virbrates about 1000 times a second.  This makes the weapons able to
easily puncture armored troops, doors, walls, etc.  Some Royal gaurds in the
comics have double ended force pikes whose blades retract into the hit.  They
look like Dauth Mauls saber-staff but obviously the blades are shorter and fit
into the hilt.  A lightsaber hilt and two screw drivers work very well for
making that weapon out of Lego.  Cool.

-Lord Insanity