 Star Wars / 10354
10353  |  10355
Subject:
AT-ST modification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:33:17 GMT

I wanted to make the AT-ST a little more like the movie, so here's what I did:

Replace the brown and tan pieces with gray & black counterparts.  If you
have the Millenium Falcon, you can get two light gray big feet pieces from
the landing gear.  I'm pretty sure Anakin's Podracer comes with the weird
inverse-double slope pieces (in gray) that are right above the feet.  (I
found some dark gray ones in the kid's lego bin, can't remember which set
they were from)

Replace the 4x4 inverted slope rectangle black piece that holds the head to
the body with a 4x4 rotating platform from the Trade Federation AAT.  So now
the head can swivel (though it's a little loose, it's play value just went
up loads).

Couple that with a couple of the Speederbike sets and I've got a pretty cool
diorama sitting at my desk at work!

-Zak

(I still want to know why brown & tan pieces were included in the set ...
the idea of ease of finding pieces doesn't make much sense, since the brown
and tan pieces weren't too similar to gray pieces in the set)