 Star Wars / 10277
Re: Questiona about availiblity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:43:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scot Jandly writes:
Hey, where do you guys get most of your LEGO?  And how good a selection do
they have?  My local TRU USED TO have one full aisle devoted two lego.  Now,
LEgo shares 1/2 and aisle with duplo.  Plus, they don't get any of the new
sets until almost a month after they come out, yet they still cahrge the
price as if it were as new (i must admit, they did have a couple LoM sets).
My local target at least have one full aisel, but they have a lot of older
sets, IE, they still sell UFO.  But, target IS where i managed to sang the
last ATST and TIE fighter :)  So, i just wanted to compare my stores with
the onees by everyone else out there.

-Scot

Most of the stores here (in Co. Spgs) suck.  We've got three Targets, two of
which are alright (the Lego aisles are shared with K'Nex and other "building
toys.")  We've got three Walmarts, which all pretty much suck... but they
are a good source for clearance sets (if you can get there in time.)  The
TRU we've got is actually pretty good, it has a large area devoted to Legos,
with seperate areas for Megablocks, K'Nex, etc (so you don't have to look at
that crap while you're shoppin' for Legos... ;)  It got the LOM and Studio
sets in around the same time as TRUs everywhere, but they still don't have
any of the new SW sets.  We've also got a Zany Brainy which used to have a
good selection but reduced their stock of Legos to only about three shelves
on an end cap.  The K-Marts we have are almost not worth mentioning, nor are
the Kay-Bee Toy Stores, except that you can almost always find some old sets
at 'em.

Overall I'd say the best bets are still Target and TRU.  These are the
stores where I always find the new sets... the others all seem to lag
behind, but are good for getting clearance items.

-Bryan
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=hobartrus