 Star Wars / 10267
Re: Review: 7166 Imperial Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:04:53 GMT

When you do customize it, let us know how too :-) Of course it'll be a while
before I get it, unless I'm lucky for Xmas!

-------------------------
   cg-88@home.com
-------------------------
   IG-88 was nothing!
CG-88 is all-powerful!!!

Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I got the 7166 Imperial Shuttle today, so I put it together and took some
pics to share with you.

As usual, here are my 2 Imperial Credits

The Good:

-It's the freakin' Imperial Shuttle!

-Good form. I think LEGO did a nice job on the wings and how they fold.

-Imperial guards!

-Imperial Pilot!

-4 Dark Gray old skool "ray guns"

-The vertical wing is much stronger than it looks. You can even lift the
model by the vertical wing.

The Bad:

-Lots of gaps in the structure. Would it have been that much more • expensive
to give me one more 2x3 inverse slope to put 'neath the cockpit so there
aren't holes?

-Rear of Shuttle looks unfinished.

-Rear door on Shuttle is flimsy. Needs another 2x6 plate on the outside to
firm it up so it doesn't fall apart when you handle it.

-No ramp in the front. Bummer.

The Ugly:

-More multicolored bricks. You can see green bricks peeking out from • behind
the cockpit when you hold this thing. What is it with the multicolored
bricks?!?! Remember when you used to get bricks in only the appropriate
colors with sets?

-More stupid 2x2 Strut/Landing Gear thingys I have about 2.3 billion of
these in a bin. I don't need no more. I say use some of those spiffy new
click hinges to make some proper landing gear. I plan to do this soon.

I plan to strip this thing down and have a big ol' customization fest with
it. I think LEGO has some nice details, and I'll preserve those while
modifying it to look and function more properly.

And that's all I have to say about that.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego