 Star Wars / 10266
Review: 7166 Imperial Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 05:46:54 GMT

Hi everyone,

I got the 7166 Imperial Shuttle today, so I put it together and took some
pics to share with you.

As usual, here are my 2 Imperial Credits

The Good:

-It's the freakin' Imperial Shuttle!

-Good form. I think LEGO did a nice job on the wings and how they fold.

-Imperial guards!

-Imperial Pilot!

-4 Dark Gray old skool "ray guns"

-The vertical wing is much stronger than it looks. You can even lift the
model by the vertical wing.

The Bad:

-Lots of gaps in the structure. Would it have been that much more expensive
to give me one more 2x3 inverse slope to put 'neath the cockpit so there
aren't holes?

-Rear of Shuttle looks unfinished.

-Rear door on Shuttle is flimsy. Needs another 2x6 plate on the outside to
firm it up so it doesn't fall apart when you handle it.

-No ramp in the front. Bummer.

The Ugly:

-More multicolored bricks. You can see green bricks peeking out from behind
the cockpit when you hold this thing. What is it with the multicolored
bricks?!?! Remember when you used to get bricks in only the appropriate
colors with sets?

-More stupid 2x2 Strut/Landing Gear thingys I have about 2.3 billion of
these in a bin. I don't need no more. I say use some of those spiffy new
click hinges to make some proper landing gear. I plan to do this soon.

I plan to strip this thing down and have a big ol' customization fest with
it. I think LEGO has some nice details, and I'll preserve those while
modifying it to look and function more properly.

And that's all I have to say about that.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego