 Star Wars / 10254
Review: 7127 AT-ST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:17:00 GMT

Hi Everyone,

I got the 7127 AT-ST set today, so I'm gonna give you my 2 Imperial Credits
on it.

The Good:

-Good play value from a kid perspective. Guns swivel, hatch opens so you can
even make the fig stand and poke his head out, legs move.

-Parts, Parts, Parts!
    -Gray canopy extender
    -2 Gray lightsaber handles
    -2 Gray old-skool "ray gun" parts
    -Two 1x4 x1 dark gray thin walls (the kind with no studs on top)
    -2x2 round "fan vent" printed tiles
    -Gray click hinge "cylinder" bits (at the ankles)
    -2 Dark Gray "street sign" 2x2 squares (at the hips)
    -White 2x2 Inverse slope with AT-ST target printed on it.

-Inexpensive Chewie (for those who can't afford the MF)

The Bad:

-No Imperial Pilot

-Leg motion is awkward, can't pose legs in more than one position or the
model falls over.

The Ugly:

-This isn't a very nice looking set. I think form was sacrificed in the name
of price point and leg-moving action.

-What's up with all the multicolored parts? Brown feet? Tan "knees?" Red 1x1
Technic Beams? Blue half-pegs? Yellow 2x3 brick? This thing is supposed to
be gray from head to toe.

So there you have it.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--