 Star Wars / *15449 (-20)
  Re: Build a Mini Imperial Shuttle from Mini set #4486

(...) I really like how that turned out, especially given the minimal pieces. Your design is ingenious enough it makes it look like the set was designed for this possibility. Very nice. - Kenn (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's a snow daddy to do?

(...) Thanks! (...) Yeah, I hear you. I think the arms are a tad thin in places, used some bits to help beef it up. But it makes for a T-rex sort of effect. Big honking legs and body, little head and wirey arms. Mark (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's a snow daddy to do?

That is sweet! it has an awesome mech-monster feel to it, like a rabid dog with it's two front legs cut off! The rocket pack on the back is very nice. I love that head! it's so freaky-dogish, and I like the skis around the neck. one quibble, the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Build a Mini Imperial Shuttle from Mini set #4486

I got a mini AT-ST and Snowspeeder set #4486 from BricksWest this past weekend. Fun to build the models on the floor during the Sunday evening activities at BW03. These are perfect little sets for road-trips. :-) With my wife Amy driving, I had a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's a snow daddy to do?

(...) Ok, you got it. Stay tuned. M (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's a snow daddy to do?

(...) KILL THEM ALL! DIE YOU DESTROYER OF EPIC SPACE MOVIES! DIE! OH THE HORROR!WHY..... GEORGE WHY!-Semaj (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's a snow daddy to do?

That's an awesome mech monster!!!!! -Rob "Mark" <snowleopard@foxinternet.net> wrote in message news:HAKC10.FI5@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's a snow daddy to do?

(...) Very Cool stuff! You've really mastered this genre of mecha. Okay I have to think up a critique...um...okay I got it. How about seeing some more of those smaller mecha from you, like that truck squad you came up with a while ago? Later! Chris (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's a snow daddy to do?

(...) LMAO! That is so delightfully evil! Keep up the good work! :-) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  What's a snow daddy to do?

Well, I couldn't very well let him go hungry now, could I? (URL) folks, (URL) Daddy Mark Neumann (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

Yes, his AT-AT is MOST impressive. To be fair(biased more likely). I preferred his AT-AT to yours(Shaun) and Dave's(Eaton???). I make this claim as I was at Brikfest last year and had the opportunity to see firsthand your guys' Echo/AT-AT display. I (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

(...) The ships inside were a mixture of Joe's and John's, I believe. Some of the detail (small crane, the 2 small trains, and a fuel tower) were John's, but I slammed the rest (control room, walkway, larger fuel tank, two "vehicles", the pair of (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003

Tim has finally made it home from snowy New York with 165 images from LEGO's showroom at Toy Fair. Click here for complete coverage: (URL) pics to be uploaded soon. (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2003) !!

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

(...) That's a gorgeous idea, using the 6-tool sprue rings. Tonight I'll try and post some pictures of the head-support mechanism I used in my AT-AT, which I think is fully compatible with the use of these sprues. Basically, it operates on the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

(...) 6-tool sprue rings :) I don't know too many of the details of how he did it, but I know that's what he used. Currently the head is single position only, but he's planning to try and give it some mobility. Same basic problem as the legs: the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

(...) Yup, that AT-AT was gorgeous! I'm not sure Joe posts to Lugnet, so I'll try and answer some of the questions. His knees don't bend; the only articulation is ankles and hips (but the ankles are *so* cool!) I think he ran into the same problem (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

(...) ACK! I thought it was Joel's work I'd been following, but when I looked for AT-AT projects on Brickshelf I stumbled across a bunch, but not Joel's! SO this is quite possibly the first time I got a hint of the undertaking .. which makes it even (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

(...) AFAIK that was Chris' and John's handywork. Did you notice Joel's trick with the AT-AT neck? :-) SRC LUGNet#765 (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

(...) I've been avidly following Joel's progress on this ... great job, Joel! It looks perfect! Maybe someday in the not-too-distant future we should have a display with *3* AT-AT's? What is the articulation in the legs like? Although the legs of my (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars)

  Huge Castle & AT-AT & More

...at NALUG's show yesterday at Capilano Mall (east end of Edmonton, AB) (URL) finished his awesome minifig scale AT-AT at about 2am while James was working on his huge and amazing (as usual) castle till 8am Andrew and John just got back from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact