 Star Wars / *14964 (-10)
  Re: Trademark infringement by LEGO and Lucasfilm?

(...) unit, which is often referred to as a 'gonk droid' for short." (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer

(...) Ah, yes, now I remember. The rest of the manual all showed one dome 1 stud away, but on the pictures both are flush. I just put mine flush, I think it's a typo. I snapped a picture with my camera of it: (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review of 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer

(...) I'm not sure if it was only me, but I noticed some discrepancies with the deflector shield domes ("golf balls"). Most steps show one dome flush against the edge of the plate it sits on, and the other dome 1 stud away from the edge. Can someone (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

"Kerry Raymond" <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message news:H7szBH.CAG@lugnet.com... (...) ISD] <snip> (...) together, (...) greatest (...) (in (...) I agree about the unusual use of the magnets. They are a bit weak, yes. But If you take in count (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Review of 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer

Hey Kerry, While I'll agree that the model is not easily handled and cannot be swooshed around, I wasn't disappointed by this at all. In fact, I expected it. Given it's scale, the model would have to be glued together to be sturdy enough (horrors!). (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Trademark infringement by LEGO and Lucasfilm?

(...) Actually, according to starwars.com the name is "GNK droid"... (URL) the paper you have actuall say 'Gonk' or was it 'GNK'? If it was a Lego paper that said "Gonk" then the litigation would be directed towards Lego, since starwars.com does not (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  MOC: Rebel Laser Cannon (Hoth)

Hey guys, Sorry I've been away for a while; my computer decided to not work for me for almost a fortnight... I figured I'd try my round at a Rebel Laser Cannon with some ideas I've been holding onto for a while and now new non-webbed 6x6 radar (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Review of 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer

(...) Agreed. While the magnet idea is cool, it is simply not strong enough. Even Though the magnets do not take all the strain, they still tend to slip and disconnect. For the most part, I didn't have much trouble, but when I began putting any (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

  Sneak Preview Of Diorama

Something to greet the coming year with! (URL) & Sons (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Review of 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer

Kerry, your review was most thorough! I do not have the time nor the patience to type an equally thorough response. However, I respond just hours after completing my own ISD...I must say you are being too critical of the model's integrity. I would (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact