 Sports / 55
Re: Team USA 1999 Women's World Cup Soccer Champions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general, lugnet.sports
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:24:47 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.build.minifigs, Rob Doucette writes:
I finally finished the Team USA Jersey details for the 1999 Women's World
Cup Championship Soccer Team

I missed this when it was first posted. Very cool, nice work.

Thanks!!

I had no idea there were quite so many different types of sunglasses heads
till you used several different kinds. Sometimes it just doesn't
register...

I used heads from Xtreme Team and Arctic as well as Paradisa themes.

Also, how did you print your torso stickers? they're pretty sharp for • color
prints.

I started with a US Soccer logo from a FIFA website.  I created the front
and back images using Adobe Photo 5.5, I have one file for the front and
back with all of the player name/numbers.  I rolled through the list and
output a GIF for each one at 62 x 72 pixels.  I placed these onto Avery 8667
1/2" x 1 3/4" Clear InkJet labels, 4 images per label, with an HP 2500C
printer.  An X-Acto knife and straight edge were necessary to trim the
labels slightly to fit.  Tweezers helped reduce finger print transfers.

http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/teamusa/images/US_09f.gif
http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/teamusa/images/US_09b.gif

I did the same for Team China using yellow outlines of the Chinese flag,
player names, and jersey numbers.  Unfortuneately the clear labels and
yellow print look horrible on a red minifig.  I'm going to add a solid red
background to the label and see if that prevents the yellow print from
washing out.

http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/teamusa/images/ROC_02f.gif
http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/teamusa/images/ROC_02b.gif

My ultimate goal was to recreate the 1999 Championship game.

Thanks for the comments.

-Rob.