 Space / Search Results: P-38
 Results 101 – 120 of about 300.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: P-38 Contest Entries

(...) Bram, Well done on both entries, and I really dig the second one. It looks more spacey and less A-10 than the first. The hoses are a very nice touch, and you pulled it off working in mini scale (another great touch). -Nick (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

(...) Hey, cool! I actually experimented with the P38 shape last year, but it was too small to fit all the details I wanted. Hmmm...looks like I'll have to try again ;-) Great idea for a contest--we ought to do more of this! Andrew (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.705)

  P-38 Contest Entry: The SpaceShipTWO!

Here's my entry into the P-38 contest. It's the SpaceShipTwo, based on the real spacecraft/aircraft SpaceShipOne/WhiteKnight. SpaceShipTwo: (URL) Real Thing: (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: P-38 Lightning Mark XII - contest entry.

(...) Allister, this is one fine vehicle. It resembles the P-38 enough that it conforms with the contest outlines, but you altered the design enough that it looks very spacey indeed. I think this is my favorite entry yet in the contest. Awesome (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: P-38 Contest Entries

(...) Veddy cool Bram...I'd love to see the second one in fig scale. Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

(...) They're all the same basic shape. Are you trying to make some kind of point? I don't get it. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

(...) Uh oh. Wings in space. Dare we tread that path again? ;) Interesting contest idea. As soon as I get my Lego room back together, I'm down for it. How strict will you be on the configuration? eg. Does the cockpit necessarily have to be in the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HsHM79.DtG@lugnet.com... (...) Lockheed (...) Oh man. Of all the WWII birds to base a contest around, you go and choose the coolest one by far. I shall try to do the fork-tailed devil some justice. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

Cool! A contest to make a space creation that looks like my favorite pre-jet-era aircraft!! I'd suggest an "extra points" contest to get the cockpit entry as close to the original as possible. (For those unfamiliar with the P-38, the top center (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

(...) Here is my entry. This is the first MOC in years. I must say that it took me longer than I expected. I guess that "thinking in bricks" has left me somewhat. I started construction with the wheel-in-wheel engine fronts. The tails were a bit (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.705)

  PCS-38

My 11th-hour entry into the P-38 .space contest. Not quite the effort that my recent C--38 Cylon Lightning required, I admit. PCS has been completely absent in the contest, and I figured the Good Guys needed to represent, yo. (URL) This little guy (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.705)

  Re: The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

(...) Is it okay if I base the design on the original? Here is a link to the Fokker G1: (URL) and (URL) But both are great planes and I may even participate in the contest. (URL) goto-lab> (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

  Re: The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

(...) I agree on the basic shape. I just think that the pointed tail of the cockpit in the G1 is better looking than the shorter one of the P38. That's my "point" (oh, and a little proud of the G1 being dutch design) But don't feel offended, I was (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

  Pander Hunter, an entry for the P-38 contest

Hello all! Alexander and I were just reading up on Lugnet when Jon posted the exciting contest. Alexander had a half-finished SNOTty fighter on the desk and he was stuck, so we decided to change it into a P-38. The Ceres Spaceworks Pander Hunter: (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

  The P-38 Theme Hoverbike

Upon hearing of the P-38 contest in .space, the guys down at Moonbase County Hoverbikes deciced to pay homage and design a P-38 theme hoverbike. So after many nights of fabricating, building and an occasional arguement here and there, this was their (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

  LRP-38 Screamer

Well, Jon's P-38 space plane contest excited, but I was stuck for a starting point until one night, in between kegs of home brew, I stared at my can of Genessee Cream Ale, and realized it was a neat color combination. Behold the LRP-38 Screamer! (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 0.704)

  Re: P-38 Contest Entries

(...) Bram, Both are good. I especially like your second one though. It has a very 'natural' look to it. In other words the shape and features don't appear to be forced, but rather appear to have sprung from a necessary design. Well done. Brilliant (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

  Re: SV-38 Starfleet Vanguard

(...) Nice job. I think I would have aligned the dish pods closer in, to line up with the two fuselage parts - that would fit the P-38 aesthetic more closely (IMHO). Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

  Re: SV-38 Starfleet Vanguard

(...) Ha! Fun stuff. Any semblance of that model brings a welling nostalgic tear to my trans-green visor. -G (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

  Re: P-38 Lightning Mark XII - contest entry.

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote: snip (...) snip Oooooh this is fancy! I thought this was an awesome ship before I even got the pics of the retractable landing gear. Nicely done. -Daniel Rubin (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

38
(score: 0.704)

More:  Next Page >>