 Space / 9582
Re: Support for an alternate model contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:29:06 GMT

Great idea, does starwars fit into the "space" category?

Geordan

In lugnet.build.contests, Greg Majewski writes:
If I were to propose a contest dealing with the construction of alternate
models, how much support would I get? Just testing the waters before I do
start up a contest. But if this does become a reality, I am thinking the
rules would go something like this:

-All models must use pieces from only ONE set and ONE set only.
-There would be a few categories (possibly more categories than the ones
listed): Models built from sets that contain:
  -Up to 50 Pieces
  -51-100 Pieces
  -101-200 Pieces
  -201 Pieces and over
-Models would be judged on originality and creativity in the use of the
pieces contained in the set. What I mean by this is if you built a space
ship from a model that was originally a space ship, you would not get as
high of a score as someone who built a mech out of a building.

One last thing.. This contest, if it happens, will only be open to
alternates of Space themed models because:
1. Space is the best theme.
2. Castle already has a ton of stuff going for them, and all of the other
themes have kind of a low profile right now.
3. Space is the best theme.
However, if there are objections and people think this should be open to all
themes, let yourself be heard and maybe it can change.

greg
http://www.geocities.com/citrusx__/q.html