 Space / 9378
Re: Space Idea - Artificial Gravity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:14:27 GMT

Someone did this a while ago, with a different setup involving rotating
pods-on-arms kind of like the Earth-force destroyers from Babylon 5. Their
MOC involved Diver walls, from memory. I can't remember whose MOC it was,
but it might have been Rick Kujawa. Its main rotating pivot was rather cool,
and utilised two of those large Technic turntables for rotation which
presumably allowed the whole thing to be motorised.

--
Cheers,
Paul

"Mladen Pejic" <milovan@netcom.ca> wrote in message
I figured out how to make a cylindrical centrifuge habitat which
simulates artificial gravity, a la the Discovery habitat in _2001: A Space
Odyssey_.

Check it out here:

I still have an exam to study for and to do, so I can't really • explain/show how
I will expand this idea.

Hope it inspires you guys/gals!

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm