 Space / 936
Re: What the...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 05:31:25 GMT

In lugnet.space "Z" <leahy@concentric.net> wrote:

From the appearance of things, my recent [idiotic] posts have placed
lugnet.space in the position of being on the brink of argumental war.  I think
I should try another space topic, before all **** breaks loose.  Does anyone
else think that this place is looking somewhat unstable?  Someone think of a
starcarrier discussion or something, to calm this imminent chaos I've caused...

Its a good thing you are able to step back and realize your own
shortcomings.

Really what I see you lacking is restraint.  The volume of posting and
the lack of thought [that appears to be] put into them is what can
annoy people [like myself].  If you took more care in what you wrote
before you wrote it, conditions would be a lot better.

Try taking a less authoritative approach to your posts.  Posting
things like your reply to Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action! imply that
you think that you are all-knowledgable in a topic, where in fact you
are mistaken (lugnet.dear-lego, Lego Direct, etc).

Another thing that is annoying [to me] is when you - or someone else
for that matter - solicits advice outside the context of a discussion
(eg. Concepts, Details etc.).  That's another example of an
authoritative approach.  You are assuming a mentor role towards other
compiten, intelligent, Lego Space collectors and builders by posting
instructions to us.

That's the bit of advice I have for you at this time.  I'd like to see
the .space community get along, and for the most part it has, but we
should work together to insure that it stays a friendly environment
for everyone.

I'm glad that you did take notice of what is going on with the group,
and pointed to yourself as the problem.  Admitting to the problem here
is half of the solution.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org