 Space / 9345
Re: Old stuff, NEW pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:54:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Michael Nelson writes:
I have a question about the nasal avenger 2 for you Dan, does the dual laser
cannon turret on top rotate any?  If so please enlighten me on how it works,
even if it doesnt turn I think your concept is the best one I've seen for a
dual gun turret that uses the diver's bubble.

Thanks, Michael! Yes, the turret is fully functional. It rotates, the bubble
dome opens, the guns go up and down. To get the turret to rotate, I use a 4
X 4 turntable inside the ship. I put one tall half-cylinder piece (like the
ones for the Y-Wing engines) on the turntable, then a 6 X 6 octagonal plate
(like the ones in the small UFO saucer)on top of the half-cylinder with few
other bricks to secure it. Then I stick the dome with a hinge plate onto the
octagonal plate. I'll remember to get a picture of it's assembly someday.

Dan