 Space / 9001
Re: MOC: The Sparrow Light Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 00:24:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, George Haberberger writes:
On paper, the Sparrow's statistics don't suggest why it has become one of
the most successful fighters in colonized space. It's manueverability is
good, but not spectacular. With but a single engine, it accelerates more
like a bomber than a fighter. It's armanent is laughably light, requiring
good aim to hit vulnerable parts of the enemy. But despite these flaws, the
Sparrow may be the most common fighter in colonized space.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/sparrow.htm

The folding wings are a neat idea.  I don't see a lot of people
considering that in their space-launched ship designs.  Storage
room onboard space stations or large ships will always be at a
premium, so packing the little ships in tight has to be a
necessity, not an option, in my opinion.

I like the tube-launch idea!  I'm just picturing this big cannon
rapid-firing fighters all over the place  :]

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada