 Space / 8969
    Re: Contest Entry for Non-violent space contest: Dragon-ISV —Zac Soden
   (...) I wasn't going to tell anyone until I made the model very soon, but..... Remember that huge, useless solar panel on the LOM solar explorer? Well if you had, say, 3 of them then they would look just like the sails of a space yacht! The problem (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Contest Entry for Non-violent space contest: Dragon-ISV —Trevor Pruden
   (...) That is exactly what I was thinking! When I saw those sail-solar panel thingies, I thought: Okay - no real use anywhere else, but it would make a great solar sail. Or six to eight of them would make a great set of solar array for a low orbit (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)