 Space / 8957
    Re: Docking system —Daniel Staudt
   bill@wards.net (William R Ward) wrote in news:m27kz114kk.fsf@...yview.com: (...) two huge ships would never get that close together. they would use shuttles and transporters(i wish) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Docking system —William R. Ward
   (...) Yes, exactly... that much mass means it would be too difficult to maneuver. It's a lot easier to have a shuttle go back & forth. Plus, it gives us more opportunity to play at docking & undocking, and we get to design the shuttles! :-) --Bill. (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Docking system —Zac Soden
   (...) Good point; I never thought of that. So all we are really going to be docking is the shuttles, *if* the ship doesn't have a hanger bay. But as argued before, shuttle docking rings will be small. Anyways, this way you get to design shuttles AND (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)