 Space / 8936
  Re: Docking system

(...) I don't think that's necessarily so. One could just pretend that Technic pegs are really really strong. Unless you're talking about two huge ships, there wouldn't be enough strain to really worry about, IMO. --Bill. (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Docking system

bill@wards.net (William R Ward) wrote in news:m27kz114kk.fsf@...yview.com: (...) two huge ships would never get that close together. they would use shuttles and transporters(i wish) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Docking system

(...) Yes, exactly... that much mass means it would be too difficult to maneuver. It's a lot easier to have a shuttle go back & forth. Plus, it gives us more opportunity to play at docking & undocking, and we get to design the shuttles! :-) --Bill. (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Docking system

(...) Good point; I never thought of that. So all we are really going to be docking is the shuttles, *if* the ship doesn't have a hanger bay. But as argued before, shuttle docking rings will be small. Anyways, this way you get to design shuttles AND (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.space)