 Space / 8755
8754  |  8756
Subject:
Tony Hafner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 08:43:40 GMT

I'm having minor email issues at the moment. I just received your question
about my camera and I'm going to just respond here. I 'spose its possible
you might have bought one already but here goes.

I love my camera. The 2.1 megapixel and 1600 by 1200 res works great for me
for lego stuff and it has performed well taking pics of people (I can show
you some examples if you want). I still have not given it a good outdoor
test but I could actually do that tommorow if you need. Quality still does
not meet a good 35 film camera but the ability to manipulate images on the
spot and throw out bad pics right away is obviously great.

The battery it came with lasts for a very long time. Even playing back
images and powring oin and off a lot does not drain it to much. I believe it
goes for around 2 hours. (Charging right now to make sure). Uploading images
to my comp drains it the most.

I also like the interface and menus quite a bit.

If you get the DSC S50 you might consider a bigger memory stick though. It
comes with a 4 meg stick which is way to small for 1600 by 1200 (4 pics).
The bigger mem sticks can be pricey but I believe you could find a good
price online somewhere. I'm still using the 4 meg by the way.

Hope that helps.

-Jon