 Space / 8688
    Help needed from 6971 owners —Kyle D. Jackson
   G'day folks, My <set:6971 6971 Intergalactic Command Base> just arrived from an eBay transaction. The 2 black rubber hoses on the top don't seem long enough. It looks as though somebody cut a single hose in two (ARRRGGG!!!). Would somebody please (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Help needed from 6971 owners —Clark Stephens
   Kyle, Can't help you with the official length, but you can make a passable hose from eletrical wire. Strip an electrical wire of the right color & keep the covering. I'm not sure about guages for electrical wire, but I'm sure you can find wire small (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Help needed from 6971 owners —Kyle D. Jackson
     (...) Thanx for the great idea Clark! Given the size of the hoses, I think I can find something just like that at Home Depot. If I find a good substitute, I'll let people here know. Personally I have a bunch of sets that need replacement hoses. (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Help needed from 6971 owners —Christopher Tracey
   (...) Wow... that brought back a lot of memories. My father is an electrical contractor, therefore growing up there were always bits of electrical 'junk' laying around the house. Somehow a piece of black wire insulation got into my lego bag and it (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.space)