 Space / 8650
Re: FLASH: A Lego Set Brought Back a Great Childhood Memory!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 23:32:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:
"Bob" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GCzo4q.92F@lugnet.com...
Last week I was building a <set:6951> Robot Command Center that was MISB
when I bought it.  While opening the bags, I saw something that I had
forgotten about.  It was how the transparent colored 1 x 1 round plates used
to come attached to a little piece of sprue (of the same color).  The
builder had to twist the plates off before attaching them.  What a rush!

I wonder when the switch occured to the current method of loose pieces?

Whoa...I totally forgot about that!  That's gotta be a rush, I'm jealous :-)

They stopped doing that sometime in the early 90s, IIRC.  I don't recall ever
getting any of those scraps in Ice Planet trans orange, and that was 1992.

-Tim

Yeah, those were the good old days! Remember when you got legitimate parts
instead of spuds? Oh wait, we've had that conversation.
Do flowers still come on sprues?

GREG~