 Space / 8312
Re: Captain Crash's ship (Under Construction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 05:53:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson writes:
In lugnet.space, Sean Forbes writes:
HI,

With the recent SEALUG meeting at Wayne Hussey's house, I was able to work
out the details of a project that has been percolating in the back of my
head.  Inspired by Wayne's 6-foot ship, and a Bon Jovi song title I present
the early stages of Captain Crash's rocket ship.

Looks good so far. I'm working on something similar - it's tough to build
those smooth shapes with bricks,

Absolutely.  In fact, I failed many times until I talked to Wayne and he
showed me a binder of plans he has developed for ring designs.  The key
thing for me was the idea that one level is 2 bricks wide in both directions
(a 4x4 brick) and the next is three bricks wide with space in the middle,
and then four, five, etc.  Then you build an increasing number of levels of
each to get the sloped effect.  It still feels a little square-ish, but it's
what I want.

and still have room for a decent interior,
isn't it?

Yup, luckily, the plan was for a one man ship, a'la Buck Rodgers and Flash
Gordon.  He can fit one or two more, but that's for the story side of this. :*)

I look forward to seeing more pics as construction progresses. Build on!

- Paul

Now comes the tricky part.  Taking apart the levels to attach the fins and
door without losing the shape.  Wish me luck!

Sean