 Space / 8131
Re: My Stiletto Long Range Interceptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:27:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.space, Eddy Madjid writes:
Hi all,

Just uploaded a model I built last week to:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=emadjid

Sort of a preview before I launch my revamped website @
http://modelfactory.cjb.net

All comments welcomed (including the fact that I gotta take better pictures
which I'm gonna do this weekend)!!

Cheers!
Eddy
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=emadjid

Eddy - that's really nice. The lines are very clean. Like the others, the
forward swept wings are a nice touch and the colors blend well with each other.
I'd bet with four engines it has a good 'punch' :)

Do the landing gear retract? I'm not sure there's room from some of the
pics, just curious. :)

Great stuff!

Joel J

Hi all,

Thanx for the kind words! And to answer some questions:

Joel - unfortunately, the wheels don't retract, couldnt find room to make
retractable landing gear. As for the 4 engines, the idea is for this to be a
high speed long range interceptor heh...

Todd - actually, I got the inspiration from the X-29 experimental fighter
and the YF-19 from Macross Plus. The Delta Wing mode was inspired by the
Mirage 2000. As for the sweeping... well, I sort of combined the VF-1 and
the YF-19 =)

George - they don't go all the way back but it was never intended to anyway =)

Some details that might have been missing in the photos, the missile racks
actually swivel according to the angle of the wing to point forward at all
times. Well, I'd have to manually swivel them but you get the idea.

Ok, gotta get back to work on my "Andy' Tugship now! Once again, thanx for
all your comments!

Cheers!
Eddy