 Space / 7731
Re: Martian Ears?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:09:43 GMT

So far, I've acquired several Altairs, and two Vegas (with different
colored bodies - orange from set 1195 Quaker Oats Promo, Blue from
7300, I think).  The Altairs do not have "ears", but the Vegas do.
I originally suspected that they were a mold error (sprues where the
ABS is inserted into the mold), but they are very regular, so
perhaps they're intentional.

In lugnet.space, Dave Low writes:
In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner writes:
Many of my Martians have ears.  Is this a production fault, or are some of
them the "rebel" Martians?  It is strange, because some have oval-shaped
ears of either side of their heads, perfectly formed.  Others have only the
side of their head there.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Has anyone else
mentioned this?

I've got <set:7311> (Altair), and <set:7316> (Canopus, Pollux and Vega). I
don't have the sets or boxes in front of me, but I _think_ that Canopus and
Pollux have ears, and the other two don't. "Rebel Martians" is a cool
explanation -- I was going for social castes myself.

--DaveL