 Space / 7727
Re: Condor Dropship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:45:25 GMT

In lugnet.build, Joel Jacobsen writes:
I've just finished uploading the rest of the related pictures to the Scorpion.

Once I had the Scorpions built, I decided they needed to have a field
delivery system and so the Condor was born:

The wings are variable position depending on flight conditions. It's also a
VTOL, if it wasn't obvious from some of the pictures. :)

Once the carried module/vehicle has been dropped off, the Condor has enough
armament to allow it to function in a ground support role.

The one area that will likely be revised would be the landing gear (no
comments, Muffin Head! <G>) but I need to get some more click hinges first.

I've also built a troop/cargo module for use when Scorpions aren't needed
for a mission:

Lastly, I've uploaded pictures of the Scorpion units loaded into the Condor.
They are in the Scorpion folder:

Joel J

THAT is very nice.  Have to say that is a very appealing design, with a good
peppering of decorative elements and parts to give it a real world look.
Love the group photos showing the infantry and hardware.  HISS tanks!  Did
you know you were modeling those after Cobra (GI Joe's nemisis, in case you
were asleep in the 1980s) or was that something subconsious?  Again, nice!
Best,
Aaron