 Space / 7726
Re: Condor Dropship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:31:50 GMT

In lugnet.build, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.build, Joel Jacobsen writes:
I've just finished uploading the rest of the related pictures to the Scorpion.

<snipped>

This is really, really good, Joel!  The tanks are very visually appealing,
and they make a good use of the the artic components.  The condor has a good
'swooshable' rating - everything bends and moves depending on the mode that
it's in.

Thanks, Trevor. :)

The Condor is .fairly. swooshable. It's best to 'swoosh' with the troop
module or a Scorpion in the 'bay' as it makes things more sturdy. I've
considered trying to make a 'handle' that locked in just as the others do to
make it 'full time swooshable' but I haven't got enough inverse slopes to do so.

If there is anything that I did not like (Overall, I think this is
an awesome set of MOCs) is that the treads on the tanks would create a lot
of drag the way that they stick down.  But that was only my first
impression, and after looking at it a bit I liked it more and more.

True - they are kinda hung out there. Part of  the inspiration for the
Condor came from the Sikorsky Sky Crane - those huge grasshopper shaped
helicopters that can 'straddle' a multi-role cargo module. They can carry
something like 20 or 40 tons of cargo, if I remember the Discovery Wings
show I saw on them correctly.

The way the tracks show through underneath grew on me, too. It makes them
almost seem like they're part of the landing gear rather than a carried
vehicle. To me at least. :)

Well done!!  Can't wait to see more...

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

Thanks again, Trevor.
More? Man.. I've actually just about used up all of the pics of the various
MOC's I've got built presently.  About all that I have left that hasn't been
shown are pics of my Terran Defense Force 'figs. I'm kind of torn on whether
or not it's worth posting them...

Guess that means I need to start building again.. ;)

Joel J