 Space / 6555
Re: New Deep-Space Explorer finally revealed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:31:13 GMT

"Paul Hartzog" <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
wow,
i'm gonna respond to your post first,
but also to another ship on your site (more praise ;-)

  OK cool :)

Explorer:
i like the way you re-used the blue inverted windows
from the surface exploration vessel, gives continuity
to the idea of a 'manufacturing company'.  cool.

  Yep, I agree. Though sometimes the limitations
on parts also force you to re-use a lot. :)

don't like the idea of the bridge not being
accessible via the interior.

  True.. But it was the easiest way to get an external
dome bridge onto the ship. It would have been a lot
more difficult to build the underside of the bridge
with such details than to use the single piece that
matches the dome canopy. :)

love the droidpod curved walls on the front of the rear section.
the overhead view really shows of the shape of this ship
which i think is original and interesting

  They're also used at the rear of that hull section as
well, but that's harder to see because of the engine
stantions. There's also a window at the rear of that
section as well, which looks out into the engine assembly.
Inside the engine asembly there are some display
consoles, so that looking out the window gives you a
view of the engine status.

i like the 6 main engines but the 2 extras @ the top should
prolly go away :-)

  Yeah, kinda superfluous, but I was in an "adding detail"
mode and started sticking things on... hehe :)

Surface Explorer:
this one i really like
the cockpit, the airlock, the rear door...
in this pic:
http://www.necrobones.com/legos/ship02/images/565.jpg
where'd you get the yellow danger stripes pieces?

  I've had those for quite a while... since before I
fully emerged from my dark ages (it was gradual,
since I got a few star wars sets, then a few spaceport
sets, and then went nuts).. :)  They -might- be from the
Naboo Fighter, but I could be wrong. If not, then they're
from one of the current Spaceport sets. I may have to
Oh yes, actually I seem to recall them being on the
rim of the centrifuge in the Simulation set (6455) which
I just verified in the picture here on Lugnet.

i love the details in that pic by the way

  Thanks. :) I love showing the closeups of the
vehicles with the science crew getting ready for
an expedition. Those are some of the more fun
pictures to do.

in these pics:
http://www.necrobones.com/legos/ship03/images/589.jpg
http://www.necrobones.com/legos/ship02/images/411.jpg
there are 3 computers:
1x2 white sloped w/ orange flame
1x2 white sloped w/ 3 horizontal black dots
1x2 white decorated tile w/ black rectangle
          and 3 vertical dots on right
what sets did they come from?

  Hmmm... the sloped panel with the flame (actually
is a 2x2x1 standard slope shape) came with one of
the larger spaceport sets (either the Simulation Station
or Mission Control set), but I think you can get it with the
"fuel truck" set that's 50% off through S@H's phone
special this week. If you look at the Mission Control
(6456) picture here on Lugnet, you can see one there.

  The horizontal dots, if I'm looking at the right thing, is
actually on the same slope as the flame piece (like I
said, it's 2 wide).

  The black rectangle with 3 verticle dots is actually a
black sloped piece. I have no memory of which set it
was from, unfortunately. Might have been one of the
star wars sets, or one of the older space-theme sets
I may have picked up along the way.

--
-Bones-  "Being Optimized for Nocturnal Exploration and Sabotage"
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises