 Space / 6380
Re: Now I remember
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:01:43 GMT

Hey man, your ship looks great! I'm looking at the newer pics now
too.. I love the design.. the tiles, laser turrets, it all looks good. As
someone else said, it looks like the work of a seasoned space
vet, not a newbie. :) Heck, I even like the look of the airlock.

The only criticism I have is for the pictures, not the ship--  they're all
400k+ (one is over 800k!!)... It takes forever to view them, even
when you're behind a T3 (brickshelf doesn't cough them up very
fast). It looks like your camera is similar to mine in that the images
are slightly fuzzy... this actually allows you to cut the images
down to half the size and not lose any real clarity, and then you
can use a decent jpeg compression ratio. I've actually gotten
1152x864 images down to less than 100k without them looking
aweful, and most of the time when I post pics I put them up at
576x432 (half my camera's resolution) or less.

--
-Bones-  "Being Optimized for Nocturnal Exploration and Sabotage"
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises

"Pat Hough" <houghpt@usa.net> wrote in message news:G7ow7I.KnA@lugnet.com...
I went out to BrickShelf and found that ship that I fear I will be accused
of copying...

Tim Courtney's massive Mark I Destroyer.

Tim, I did not copy your design...I was stunned when I saw that yours had • a
removable top as well as the captain's chair with consoles on the • armrests.

When I post my pics on Brickshelf (probably tomorrow), you'll see what I • mean.

Oh, and any suggestions on how to improve my communications methods here • on
LUGNET are welcome too.

Peace,

Pat