 Space / 6247
Re: Griffon Industries realeases it's first light freighter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:05:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
Griffon Industries has realeased these photos of our newest ship, the
'Elephant' Light Freighter. Here are some pics of it at a launch platform...

Granted these pics are fuzzy.

P.S. I give feedback, i don't get it. so PLMKWYT.

Griffon Industries
'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...'

Rick Hallman

Some constructive (I hope) criticism:

-Like Paul said above, some stripes or something would be good. Actually,
you've got such a nice big flat space on the sides, you could even do a crude
logo, along the lines of the Nike swoosh or the AT&T ball.

-It would be nice if it were a little more streamlined. I was especially
thinking about the engines. They would look a lot better if the engine pods
narrowed to the nozzles, instead of the nozzles just stuck on a box.

-There is a gap between the ship body and the cargo door. You could eliminate
it by taking 1 stud off each side of the door and recessing the door back
between the inverse slopes. You may not mind this, but I know when I build,
little gaps like that drive me absolutely nuts.

-Put some cargo in the bay, and maybe you could design a little loading vehicle
to go with the ship.

-The windows on the side of the bridge bother me. I think it's because they
don't match up with the front windshield (4 tall vs. 3 tall). I guess that's
not very constructive, but hey.

-I don't know what the inside of the bridge looks like, but it might be cool to
hinge the top so we can see inside. Then you could add all kinds of interior
detail like bunks and control panels and such.

-If it's a freighter in a peaceful area, I guess it doesn't need weapons. But
they look so neat! I was thinking of a gun/missile turret on the top deck.
Actually, even cooler than that would be to have a passage/airlock leading from
the bridge to a docked fighter on the deck. Kind of like the seaplanes that
some ships used to carry or the helos that anti-sub ships have nowadays.

Aside from those suggestions, I like the landing gear, the front cargo door,
the location of the bridge and the overall concept. I hope I was helpful and
not too critical.

-Marc Nelson Jr.