 Space / 6166
Re: New Freighter and Fighter MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:44:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
i really like the shape of this
but it looks more fighter like than freighter-ish

Well, it's small compared to the frieghters we're seeing, but I was really
going for the one or two-man operation type feel, running what contraband
they could to keep the ship running.

coulda used more detail on the back

Tell me about it, I really don't like the engines, but I still wanted more
effect than the 'blue line through the back/Millenium Chicken' feel I
started with.  This sent me into a sorting frenzy over the next few days and
will probably be shown in an altered back-end by this Saturday's Sealug meeting.

but i really like the shape
(oh, i said that)

Thanks!  The basic shape is my favorite aspect because even with the engine
problems (they don't really belong to the shape envisioned) It still
remained true to my original idea.

in this pic

where'd you get the square life preserver tubey lookin
things on the top left and top right?

they look cool

-paul

Thanks!  Ironically, those were the last things I added, even after the
cockpit modifications.  At least one came from the Twisted Time Train.
However, I'm pretty sure I only have one of those, so I'm not sure where the
other came from.  I couldn't find it on the Time Mountain Lab, but I have
one of those as well.  It's also possibly from a Divers set, but I can't
find it for sure.

Sean

In lugnet.space, Sean Forbes writes:
Hi,

I took some slightly fuzzy pics of my two latest spaceships.  As discussed
in .build, I used this excursion into space to get out of a
Pirate/Adventurers rut.

The first was inspired by Star Wars as I read the Han Solo Trilogy.  Kinda a
mid-sized freighter that a smuggler might use.  Besides the canopy and two
roof openings, it also has a 'normal' landing ramp underneath the engines.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SeanF/Space/Freighter

I started to feel a little detail oriented when I asked Mark Sandlin 'How
much is too much little schtuff on the outside of a ship?"  His answer made
it easy, I've never been told I've put too much on a space ship.

The next (which actually came first) was a quick, light, and maneuverable
one-man ship for piracy/bounty hunting.  With a not to Mark "Muffin-Head"
Sandlin, we delve under the Tesla-dome-like engine cover to find a larger,
but less virulent strain of SPAMCAKE!!  This pirate is truly insane.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SeanF/Space/SpacePirate

As always, LMKWYT.

Sean "Yes, Mark, it is a SPACE pirate with SPACE cannons" Forbes