 Space / 5972
Re: Piranha Mk4 LAV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:52:33 GMT

In lugnet.build, Mark Sandlin writes:
Joel Jacobsen at jacobsen@oar.net wrote:

I've just finished editing the images of another recent MOC. It is closely
modeled on the USMC's Light Armored Vehicle, or LAV nicknamed the Piranha.
There are quite a few variations of this awesome amphibious vehicle in use,
ranging from (1) the standard variation that carries up to 7 troops, to
mobile field command unit, FirstAid, field recovery, Anti Aircraft defense,
and Combat Support variants with either 90mm or 105mm main guns.

<snip>

Oh, very nice! I particularly like the machine gun with ammo box mounted on
the turret. I realize it's a pretty simple thing, but it just has a good
form.

I actually ran across that idea on Carl Greatix's page for his M1 Abrams
styled tank:

Not quite the same, but it sparked the idea. :)

The rest of the model is excellent as well. The removable engine is a nice
touch. :^)

This was my first attempt at giving a bit more "playability" into a model.
Fortunately, it worked pretty well and succeeded in the majority of the
goals I set out to achieve. Wish I were always that lucky. :)

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm