 Space / 5969
  Re: Rollout of the New Space Shuttle Intrepid

(...) I've added some new photos to the Brickshelf Gallery showing the retractable landing gear, payload bay, and crew decks. (URL) the mid-deck isn't well done at this time (only has three seats and some storage lockers) It is hard to photograph, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Rollout of the New Space Shuttle Intrepid

(...) general did you USE on that thing?! I don't even want to think of how heavy must be! This set of pictures makes your work even more impressive; I know how hard black is to photograph and get the detail to come out. Any guesses on the piece (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Rollout of the New Space Shuttle Intrepid

(...) Yes, it is heavy, but probably not as heavy as you may think. Maybe ten pounds? The wings are generally 4 plates thick at the leading edge and become thicker inboard as the approach the fuselage and landing gear wells. I used 90 wing elements (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)