 Space / 5864
5863  |  5865
Subject:
I...am...victorious!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:08:33 GMT

     I have uploaded some pics on Brickshelf (with some much-appreciated
assistance from Mark Sandlin).  I'm sorry about the size of the photos, I'm
not sure why they came out so big.  I'll look into it and post a second test
later.  The pics are blurry because I have a sensitive camera.  It takes a
lot of care and patience to click the shutter without shaking the camera (I
sware that a person could breath on the darn thing and it would produce a
blurry picture).
     Well, I didn't post to astound anybody to begin with, so there!  The
fact that I was able to post at all was an act of God (with a little
assistance from Mark Sandlin).  Regardless, I...am...victorious!!!
     Ok, here's the details:

     The first ship is my chaotic-color-schemed version of Mark Sandlin's
freighter, the 'Gazelle'.  It has all the working functions of the original
minus the folding landing gears (due to interior support flaws my landing
gears would not hold the weight without breaking through the bottom of the
cargo hold), and I could not replicate Mark's engines for lack of pieces.  I
was simply too lasy to include the tech cluster on top.
     The last couple of pics are of my second apc (the first being too large
and unweildly for its intended purpose [besides, I scraped it for parts
before I began to take pictures]), it isn't very detailed and doesn't offer
much in the way of protection for the arctic troops (snow balls are much
more cost-effective).

     Well, that's about it for now.  I'm not trying to be a copy-cat or
anything.  I consider it a proud achievement having almost recreated Mark's
model and am working on my own designs.  I work slowly, so I won't be
posting any mocs soon.  I will however post a second test on Brickshelf to
see if I can shrink the pics and produce some quality photos.
     See ya!!!