 Space / 5849
Re: Farscape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:35:11 GMT

Jon Palmer wrote in message ...

Sadly, in Australia  they re-commenced screening Fartscrape at the start • of
the NON-ratings period. Just shows how primitive we are.

1. This show seems to come out in strange intervals (kind of like an HBO
show)

I heard that was due to less-than-stable funding - but then that's what you
get for refusing to make "Baywatch In Space". They're a lot luckier than J.
Michael Straczinsky was... on the other hand, I'm enjoying Farscrape more
than I enjoyed Crusade.

2. You people are most definetly not primative. Thats where the show comes
from after all.

Uhh... only sort of. I think the writers (and funders) are American.
Possibly Canadian - in any case, not Australian... which in my mind makes
the show not really Australian, even though it sounds it. I'll there are
some Americans who probably go, "Hey, dig those weird alien accents!"  ;-)

3. How dare you call the show "Fartscrape". Bah.  ; )

Hey, I like the show! That's just the nickname it's earned at my house,
that's all. I can't help it if I live with philistines... actually, they
watch the show fairly religiously too... how strange.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/