 Space / 5663
5662  |  5664
Subject:
Landing Gear Troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 01:04:06 GMT

Are there any other wheel alternatives to "Centre Large" part #3482
(according to Brickbay) i.e. a 2x2 hub no wider than 1 stud.

I am having problems with the hubs cracking under the weight of my
model. Unfortunately, these wheels only have two opposing spokes which
subjects them to high shearing stress at the outer rim/spoke junction
when the spokes are aligned horizontally.

The bottom portion of my landing gear consists of two of these hubs
sandwiching two 1x2 technic bricks with a Technic Axle 4 connecting
them.

I ordered a few "Freestyle" wheels, part #6248, and they almost work -
except the raised studs on the outside makes the gear too wide to fit in
the wheelwell when retracted. The wheelwell is exactly 4 studs in width.

I can't add additional landing gear and it would be a tear-up nightmare
to widen the wheelwells. Aesthetically speaking, I would like to avoid
wheel hubs significantly smaller than 2x2.

Any suggestions?

--
J. Spencer Rezkalla