 Space / 5565
5564  |  5566
Subject:
Analyzing a Lego model in a newspaper article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:56:46 GMT

Reading the newspaper today, I noticed a an article completely unrelated to
Lego, yet with a very strange Lego model shown.  Hopefully I am posting this
to the correct spot, but if not, many will see it on Brickshelf.
  Anyway, the article was about medicine and the family tree.  Not once in
it was the word "Lego" used, but yet there is this giant color picture of
some sort of Lego tree/building/structure/????.  It is very reminiscent of
the Lego gateways shown in the official Lego book (someday I'll scan the
images, unless that's illegal-is it?).  Closer exaimination reveals
interesting details.  The section of the "tree" with the Islanders is on a
small, rectangular baseplate mounted on the top of a normal
structure-something not normal used (Is it?).  The tree/bush in the bottom
left corner has some sort of radar dish on it-attached in a very temporary
way-it will likely fall of it moved at all.  Lastly, the figures and parts
all come from a wide range of themes and times.  Forestmen and Pirate
figures are shown, along with several Star Wars figures, a Space Port
technician, and even a Robo Force person; not to mention some old Town
parts, a few Pirate pieces, and window panels from Ice Planet 2002.  To sum
up my point, this picture was built using parts from a child's Lego
collection.  My question is why it is shown in an article concerning
medicine?  Sorry to waste everyone's time.  I thought someone might find it
of interest.  Hopefully someone found it interesting.  The URL of the
pictures is:
  NOTE:  I am still uploading pictures from Imagination Center, around 20
still nead to be uploaded.  Some of them show certain promotional sets that
are quite rare, and others show custom displays that only exist in that
store.  Please keep checking for new ones.