 Space / 5544
Re: Ornithopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:56:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bryan Hodges writes:
Announcing my newest MOC... an Ornithopter from Dune.  Not only is this
model my first non-Star Wars MOC that I'm sharing with the world, it's also
the first (and probably last) one that I've created entirely in MLCad, no
real life building involved.  I made it this way just to see if I could
(also because I don't have access to my bricks at work... ;)  Because of
this, I can't really vouch for the structural integrity of the model, nor
the colors of certain pieces.  I'm fairly certain all of the pieces are
available in the colors shown, but I really don't know.

It's not a perfect model, but it's the only Dune model that I know of...
It's heavily inspired by the 'thopter portrayed in the Sci-Fi Channel
miniseries "Frank Herbert's Dune."  Though you can't tell from the one POV
rendering I've put up, the wings are on click hinges so that they can
"flap."  There's room in the cockpit for about four minifigs
(uncomfortably.)  An opening at the top of the cockpit allows for entry.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=hobartrus

enjoy, and please LMKWYT

-Bryan
Nice model,it's about the only thing they did a good job with in that
miniseries. It was such a let down. Now how about building a guild highliner.
C ya
Mike B