 Space / 5480
5479  |  5481
Subject:
Zok Death Sloop Redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 02:30:33 GMT

Here's the new & improved Zok Death Sloop:

www.gunth.com/lego/space.htm

In case my web host flakes out again, you can also see images at Brickshelf,
but without commentary of course.

Fittingly, the ZDS is right next to a Spiffcraft in Brickshelf's Recent
listing. =)

Changes:
-Used the Naboo Fighter cockpits instead of the angular ones, as Nick Fezie
suggested.  This allowed be to split the nose piece in half and angle it as
well.  This was indeed an "interesting design challenge."  As a result, the
entire top half of the nose flips forward for the cockpit to open, instead
of each windscreen opening independently.
-Use castle quarter-octagons for the scoops instead of plates connected by
hinges.  This makes for a smoother appearance and a sturdier crafter, not to
mention cooler engines in the rear.
-The changes allowed me to put a control center behind the cockpit and make
the top a little more interesting.

Check it out and LMKWYT!  Also take a gander at my minifig icon on
Brickshelf--the Doc head isn't a bad likeness for me.

Peter