 Space / 5365
Re: different idea for cockpit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:32:03 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Tom Boucher writes:

How do you make that computer generated model with the LEGO?

Check out "lugnet.cad"...  I used MLCAD to "render" (display)
my DAT file (Lego-CAD *_data_* file), and then I used L3P
(and L3P-Add-On) to create the necessary POV code to ray-trace
the image.  Then, I used MSPhotoEditor to convert the bitmap
to JPEG.

One of the most enjoyable benefits I've found in modeling
with "virtual" Lego, is that I can create _any_ piece
in _any_ color!  (Well, any piece that we've encoded,
that is; we still have several Lego pieces that have not yet
been encoded, but we're working on that!)

I hope this helps!
Franklin