 Space / 5254
Re: Hondroid NSX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:

Your droids are unbelievably cool! The little L&S light-covers look great,
the way they give the robots' heads that "Robbie The Robot" look.
Do the black side units on the 2202 swing up or down? I can't quite tell
from the pictures.
And what set(s) does the dark grey girder (in the background) come from?
And do Hondroid make Millenium Falcon clones, or did they just let you park
in the showroom? ;-)

Thanks, I was going for the retro future look as in "Forbidden Planet"
and "Lost in Space".
The black NSX wings are repulsorlifts that can spin 360 degrees (Slave 1).
They can also fold out into tall landing legs for uneven terrain
(look sort of like the legs on the ships in the old italian SciFi
film "Demon Planet")
The grey truss thing used as future decor is an interesting new part
from the new SW Tie Fighter set.
The Corellian Freighter parked in the background was probably a trade in.
Looked like a pile of junk, though a family of droids seemed interested in
buying it.

"K"