 Space / 5145
5144  |  5146
Subject:
Sci Fi tech/art books and inspiration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:05:27 GMT

In the drop ship thread the Aliens Colonial Marines book was mentioned.
Sounds very cool. I found it for $14 at Fatbrain.com. I haven't bought it
yet though.

What I was wondering about were other cool technical manuals of this
variety. All I really have are SW Essential Guide to Vehicles And Vessels
and the two cross section books. Not really technical but they have some
cool illustrations and a little info.

I also have a John Berkey book called
Painted Space that I found for a couple of bucks at the flea market once.

I'm not a pen and paper gamer at all but are there some rpg books and such
with cool ship schematics and general sci fi tech stuff? Could a person
enjoy something like this without knowing much about the game?

Obvious tech books I can think of are of course SW, Star Trek, Aliens, Anime
style books like Macross/Robotech--but I'm alos curious about other Sci Fi
series than the norm.

I'm curious about stuff that is in print now that I could find online. Also
I guess I'm more interested in ships and such than mecha. Although cool
mechs here and there never hurt anyone.

I realize Sci Fi art books can be quite a bit different than tech books but
I thought I'd mention them both in the same thread

All replies welcome
-Jon