 Space / 5096
Re: SS-143-03 Yokohama (Battle Cruiser)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 02:12:46 GMT

Nice.  I wanted to build a large scale ship like that for a while.  I'm
just afraid that structural integrity will not be sufficient to allow me to
move big ships.  And they take lots of parts.  The estimate I had for making
a 3-4 foot long Star Destroyer was well over $400!  Neat design, but it
lacks any type of wings/ something to streamline it.  By the way, are any of
your models for sale?

Thanks! :)

It's interesting that you should mention wings for streamlining.  I sort of
feel that my ships are very blocky looking.  But, look at the other super
carriers made out there (ie:  Dan Jassim) - the point of a capital ship of
that size is that it is not supposed to enter the atmosphere of a planet.
At least not at my technological level, anyway (that's what dropships.
shuttles and transports are for).  So, in space I would think that an
organization who builds these things would focus more time on functional
parts rather than looks.  I guess this does stand out a lot in my designs.

Any one have any ideas on this?

As for the sales...hhhmmm...I'm not selling, but just for kicks...which
model catches your eye?  I'd just like to know which ones actually tickle
the public's fancy!  :D  Maybe I can give building instructions.

Trev