 Space / 4720
Re: Classic Contest Entries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:20:33 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Trevor Pruden writes:
Nice job!  What is the walker doing in one of the pics...chasing the pilot?
Or is it trying to kick the pilot in the seat of his pants?

Thanks!

The walker is chasing him, about to drop its front legs upon his head with
extreme prejudice.  This is just after the space fig insulted its fine
robotic heritage.

Hey, what set does the semi-technic, um, "nose cone" come in white with a
classic space symbol?  Anyone?  What an awesome piece to have in a collection!

I actually had no idea until I looked it up the other day- I just found it
in my big pile and thought I'd use it.  It comes from this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6827
If I'd looked up where the part came from before I did the site, I'd
probably have named it the Strata Stalker instead.

That thing is so ugly that I can't imagine I ever bought it.  I most likely
picked it up as part of a larger acquisition, and never happened to notice
the piece.

The piece I really want is the classic print nose from this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1499

Another day brings another entry.  Today I present the Astro Stalker:
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/uglywalk/index.html

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com