 Space / 4562
Re: Highwind-Class Battlecruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:39:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Doug Dropeskey writes:

1) Replace the standard 1xn bricks between the booms with headlights and
grilles and tubing, a la a Star Destroyer (which has smooth surfaces except
along the edges).  You could do the same along the outside too.

Where are those 1x4 tiles with SW circuitry....Time to make a new part...

2) Push the booms out further.  Add much smaller booms that come out over
the top and bottom of the central cavity.  Add some blue highlights around
the inside edges of the fork (energy radiators for the central cannon).

Explain this a wee bit more.

3) Build up the bridge higher, adding more observation decks, antenna,
dishes, and other details.

hmmm....I could use that, maybe using 1x1 plates for windows.

4) Stick one or two long plates under the bridge, layered one on top of the
other, to form flight decks above the central cannon.

There is two flight decks, between the booms, has a red triangle, and a
small one, bewlow the bridge.

5) Use headlights along the sides to build out observation blisters, antenna
arrays, or more gun turrets.

Mark said I had too many guns :-), but I need ones that can shoot down. He
even helped me on the 5 turrets on the sides. I am going to re-render this
afternoon, half-day of school.

7) Build a secondary bridge, similar to the first, but coming out of the
bottom of the vessel.

This could get interesting.

8) Adding a docking collar to one side of the vessel.

With a 1x1 bracket brick?

Remember, I need help on this. Cruisers I'm good at. I made tons for the
Obsidian Order (failed clone-blacktron Empire project). But, my one
Battleship was really a brick with a bridge.

Griffon Industries...
'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...'

Rick