 Space / 4561
Re: Highwind-Class Battlecruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:55:29 GMT

You have a good, solid hull design, but some details and elaboration might
improve it.  For example:

1) Replace the standard 1xn bricks between the booms with headlights and
grilles and tubing, a la a Star Destroyer (which has smooth surfaces except
along the edges).  You could do the same along the outside too.
2) Push the booms out further.  Add much smaller booms that come out over
the top and bottom of the central cavity.  Add some blue highlights around
the inside edges of the fork (energy radiators for the central cannon).
3) Build up the bridge higher, adding more observation decks, antenna,
dishes, and other details.
4) Stick one or two long plates under the bridge, layered one on top of the
other, to form flight decks above the central cannon.
5) Use headlights along the sides to build out observation blisters, antenna
arrays, or more gun turrets.
6) Build stubby wings coming off the engines (a la the Yamato).
7) Build a secondary bridge, similar to the first, but coming out of the
bottom of the vessel.
8) Adding a docking collar to one side of the vessel.

It really depends on what you are aiming for:  smooth and sleek
(Enterprise), somewhat sleek (Yamato), or a spacefaring mess (Death Star
II).  I tend to prefer somewhat sleek messes.  :)

  -Doug

Rick Hallman <Sephiroths@REMOVEHotmail.com> wrote in message
Here's the link.

Got feed back from Mark Sandlin, NEED MORE.

Griffon Industries
'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...'

Rick

^V^^V^
I am:  Damraska@Excite.com
Minifig Suns:  http://pages.prodigy.net/damraska/