 Space / 4359
Re: Timelines, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:27:37 GMT

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@home.com> wrote in message
news:G3B3uu.EwI@lugnet.com...
I'm still gathering my thoughts on Zacktron advancements and really • really
want to do more with it.  That's one of the reasons I'm posting this.

What more can you do? I thought you have left the site up as a memorial to
things put off. If you change it you will no longer be procrastinating.;-)

LOL! No mercy I tell ya... give a guy a break :-P

I could give you every excuse in the world for Zacktron not being worked on,
but why waste my energy?  Explaining it away won't get the site done.
Still, I *want* to work on it...really I do.  I just have a few things to
get in order first.

This would be a big undertaking in that everyone does not have their • respective
universe timelines mapped. For example mine diverges from current history • on
January 3, 2000 but I have yet to decide where in the future I am going to
place things. I think that everyone involved would need to work out their • own
rules of history, physics (FTL travel, artificial gravity, etc...),
cartography, etc... After all that is done we need to negotiate crossovers
between different universes.

Yeah.  Or to be involved you should have a significant history already
worked out...

I am willing to help coordonate the information but I do not have the time • to
develop it for posting alone. I think your idea is practical but it would
involve the developers of all the universes (or is that universi ;-)

The more I think about this as I type this reply the more I want to be • involved
in the challenge you presented. I kinda reminds me of what Harmony Gold • did to
create Robotech (Mixing Macross with several other anime series) I think • they
did a good job considering.

Cool!

OK, now who wants to host this? I am willing to slow things down a bit • with
Squad Six to work on this although I don't know if I can put Squad Six • totally
on hold. *cough, cough <sounding like Zacktron> <grin>

Ouch again!  Geez... ;-)

Who knows, maybe this is my place to get involved.

Could be!

What about a central domain or something to represent the conglomeration of
peoples' works with Lego Space?  Something that could host a Galactic
Shipyard, SpaceWorld, and timeline guide all in one??  Just a thought...  I
might have a couple bucks to back it up in the purchase of a domain name
too.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne