 Space / 41403
41402  |  41404
Subject:
Miniland Classic Spaceman
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:32:10 GMT

My version of a spaceman from the Classic Space of the early 80’s. Built to “miniland scale” like the models in Miniland in the Legoland theme parks.

Built for the LEGO Creativity Challenge #6. I just wish LEGO had produced the 1x2 brick with classic space logo in red! I thought about building a white one, but my white classic space bricks are too faded -- although I think they were pretty pale when I first got them almost 30 years ago. Plus, I don’t have all the parts in white I’d need...

Still, I’m hoping that even in blue, it’ll still tug the heartstrings enough to help win the contest!

Click the picture for the Flickr gallery, or view a slideshow. Also posted on my blog at Brickpile.com