 Space / 41238
41237  |  41239
Subject:
h(Y)nge-Wing (Micro Y-Wing with only 7 pieces) and about new clicky hinges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:22:52 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello everbody!

Today I want to present you something new from the micro workshop. Although it may be niether impressive nor accurate, I hope to make you smile a little bit. Often I spend much time looking at strange pieces, like the highly specialized new clicky hinge pieces, in order to find alternate building possibilities for them. That’s how the following model was created

One of the Rebellions’ work horses is the Y-Wing Starfighter. This micro version, however, only consists of 7 pieces, and 2 of these are clicky hinges. Hence it gained the nick name hYinge-Wing.

Click the image or the link below to get to the images:

Micro Y-Wing on BrickShelf

To complete the story, I admit that one of the clicky hinge pieces was already used for the micro version of the Nebulon-B Frigate. Some of you might remember having seen it here some time ago. Another, but different, hinge piece can even be sued for minifigures, as shown for the Admiral Ackbar figure. This, too, was shown here some time ago, and some might remember it. For those who don’t, I again provide the links to their galleries here, as their building style is similar to the new Micro Y-Wing, using clicky hinge pieces, and fits into the story.

Micro Nebulon-B Frigate on BrickShelf

Admiral Ackbar Minifigure on BrickShelf

That’s all for now. I thank you for your interest and stepping by. Hereby, I say good bye to everone for this year, and hope to see you again next year. Have a great christmas and a happy new year!

– Christopher

http://www.deckdesigns.de