 Space / 41059
Re: The Red Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 18:38:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Jean-Marc Nimal wrote:
   I had to finish off a GBC module, but some unrelated pieces fell in my hands and said to me “hey, we’d make a nice boat hull”... and so I ended up doing this instead:

The Red Herring

I hadn’t done anything remotely space-y since my youth, so this was quite refreshing. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I declare that to be officially neat-o.

Who died and made you the official arbiter elegantiarum of neat-0, Dave!? ;-)

Not that it’s any of your business, but that’s an hereditary title handed down through the generations, you plebe!

   I’m particularly fond of the use of the windscreens to create the canopy. Also, we don’t often see single-color space MOC’s, so it’s nice when they make an appearance.

The Red Herring is a compact, clean design. Good use of unusual elements, and I’m always favorably disposed to smaller spacecraft MOCs. Nice whooshability, and it even has a sort of retro-ish 1950’s rocketship feel to it.

I agree. I particularily enjoy attempts to revive the retro look, and the Red Herring does so very nicely. And I can see that boat hull influence-- reminds me of my favorite car, Chitty:-)

I thought immediately of Paul Hanson’s Pathfinder, posted here so long ago. I’ve never built anything in that style, but I find it really appealing.

Dave!